Someone asked a wise man Ho: – Is it worth praying?...
Someone asked a wise man Ho:
– Is it worth praying?
The wise man answered:
– Do not ask such questions. You pray, when there is nothing else left. But if you do pray, it should not be when you need something. You should try doing it on your own. And after that it is worth helping God by taking some burden off him.
– And what is the best way to pray? What words to use? – The person said.
– I think, it is better to pray from the bottom of your heart, it will tell you the words, – Ho answered, – But can I ask you something?
The person got surprised but didn’t object.
– Why people ask: Is it necessary to pray and how?, but no one asks: About whom?.
– Strange, – even more surprised the person said, – it is obvious that about themselves or about their closest people. And you, about whom do you pray?
Ho looked at him and said:
– Really, it seems strange. Many years ago I knew a monk. He prayed to Almighty about the Almighty, to support him. He did not hide it, but he was considered a madman- even among his fellows. He told me: “Everyone else prays to him about themselves, but who will ask the same about him?” The person was confused. He looked at the wise man not daring to utter anything.
– I do not know if that monk is still alive, that is why I use his prayer, – Ho explained.
The person didn’t ask anything else.